Teacher of Mandarin
St. Stephen’s International School is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Mandarin at our Khao Yai Campus for August 2016.
The Mandarin Department follows its own curriculum based around the last Mandarin UK curriculum. All students study Mandarin up to Key Stage 3. Mandarin is an optional subject at IGCSE with one set currently in Year 10. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
- Be experienced in teaching across the whole school.
- Be a native/fluent Mandarin speaker
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English
- Possess an appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching the IPC/KS3/IGCSE
- Working with children whose English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from your own
- Working in the international sector
The Khao Yai Campus is located near the town of Pak Chong and is at the entrance to Khao Yai, Thailand’s oldest national park, it is only around 150 km from Bangkok. The school has been open for 20 years and caters for both boarding and day students. There are currently 135 students on roll across Primary and Secondary. It is a very picturesque area to live and work in. The school caters for Nursery to KS4.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Head of Campus via e-mail with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be your current Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including an enhanced criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two year contract.
All applications should be sent to us by email addressed to Mr. David Aitchison, Head of Campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1st December.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is identified. Interviews will be held in Khao Yai or by Skype.