Teacher of Business Studies and Economics
St. Stephen’s International School is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Business Studies and Economics at our Bangkok Campus for an August 2017 start.
The successful applicant will be required to teach Business Studies up to A level, and will be able to teach Economics up to at least IGCSE Level and preferably up to A level. They will also be expected to be a Secondary Form Tutor. The successful applicant will also be the Subject Coordinator for Business Studies and Economics (there is an additional teacher on a 0.5 Business Studies timetable).
It is essential for applicants to:
- Have experience of teaching Business Studies to A Level
- Have experience of teaching Economics to IGCSE Level
- Be native English speakers
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide the contact details of three professional referees, one of whom must be their current Principal
It is desirable for applicants to have experience of:
- Teaching Economics to A level
- Leading a small department
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from their own
- Working in the international sector
St. Stephen’s Bangkok is located in the mid northern suburbs of the vibrant city of Bangkok, about mid-way between the city centre and Don Muang Airport, in the Ratchayothin area of Chatuchak district. The school is two-form entry and caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Principal, Mr. John Rolfe, with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be their current Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including an enhanced criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two year contract.
All applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Mr. John Rolfe, Principal.
Closing date: 10 March 2017
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is identified. Previous applicants need not re-apply. Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype.