Teacher of Biology
St. Stephen’s International School is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Biology teacher at our Bangkok Campus for August 2018.
All students study general Science in Key Stage 3, following the (IMYC) International Middle Years Curriculum to which all members of the Science department are expected to contribute. Biology is a popular optional subject at both IGCSE and A Level with students regularly progressing to related university courses. A Subject Coordinator or Head of Science position might be available for a suitably qualified and experienced applicant. All Teachers in the Secondary School are expected to be able to teach up to A Level. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
- Be experienced in teaching within Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Be a native English speaker
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. BEd or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching the IMYC / (I)GCSE / A Level
- Teaching an additional Science subject; Chemistry is the preferred option
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from your own
- Working in the international sector
St. Stephen’s, Bangkok, is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang airport and the world famous Chatuchak market. The school is two form entry and caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Principal, Mr. John Rolfe, by email with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be their current Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two year contract, renewable by mutual agreement.
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com and addressed to Mr. John Rolfe, Principal.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is identified. Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype.