Secondary Teacher of Mandarin (Possible HoD) - Local contract
St. Stephen’s International School is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Secondary Teacher of Mandarin at our Bangkok Campus for August 2018
The Mandarin Department follows its own curriculum in Key Stage 3, where possible aligning its approach to the International Middle Years Curriculum which is followed by most subjects at this level. All students study Mandarin in Key Stage 3 with the students in each year group split into parallel classes. Mandarin is an optional subject at IGCSE with one set in each of Years 10 and 11. There is occasionally a student opting to take AS Mandarin in Year 12. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
- Be experienced in teaching within Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Be a native/fluent Mandarin speaker
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English
- Possess an appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching the IMYC / (I)GCSE / A Level
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from your own
- Working in the international sector
St. Stephen’s, Bangkok, is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang airport and the world famous Chatuchak market. The school is two-form entry and caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Principal, Mr. John Rolfe, by email firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be their current Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement.
Closing date: 30 January. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if a suitable candidate is identified. Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype